Pre-Screening Questions To Ask
Screening is what separates the good tenants from the bad ones and on-time payments from evictions. When talking to potential tenants about your vacant properties, it’s a good idea to ask some pre-screening questions to see how much they know about the property. Asking these questions can help save time and eliminate the tenants who aren’t interested, therefore not wasting your time with a showing.
Pre-Screening Questions To Ask:
- How did you hear about the property?
- Have you seen the pictures?
- Are you aware of the rent price?
- Are you willing to pay the deposit?
- Have you seen the utilities that are available?
- Are you aware of the main amenities (A/C, garage, etc.)? Are of these aforementioned amenities deal breakers?
- Do you have Pets? (Pet policies)
- Do you agree to the lease term length
- Are you willing to fill out a background and credit check right away?
Asking pre-screening questions can really help you narrow down prospective tenants. Make sure you customize these questions for you and your properties needs. If you have any questions, throw them in the forum!