When tenants dispute move in conditions
Have you ever found yourself in the following situation?
- The tenant has just moved out
- You perform the walk-through inspection
- You find some minor damage and make the repairs
- You send the move out calculation and remaining deposit to the tenant
- The tenant disputes the calculation saying “that was there when I moved in!”
You’re left wondering…
Do I argue the charge with the tenant?
Or do I absorb the cost and refund the money?
Or something else?
This can be a very frustrating situation, and it happens too often.
This short video explains what we do to avoid it.